Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Reads!

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme it top ten beach reads.
   *How I define a beach read- Something funny, light, or fast that is enjoyable and you can spend hours reading on a beach.
1. Pretty Little Liars- This book is very easy to whizz through, and it's filled with secrets that will keep you turning every page. It would be a perfect beach read.
2. Hex Hall- Sophie, the main character, is very sarcastic. She made witty remarks that had me laughing out loud every other page. There is also a slight mystery to it, so that made me want to finish it so I could find out what in the world was going on.
3. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants- This book was cute and took place in the summer. I loved reading about all of the girls and I finished it within a day.
4. The Selection- This book had a really adorable romance and an awesome main character. It was so funny and very, very cute. Definitely a beach-y read.
5. TTYL- This book is in IM form and follows three girls throughout their school year. It's a very quick read and a very fun one, as well.
6. Let It Snow- Wait, whoops. Wrong season. This book it the mother of all cute, fast reads, but it takes place in December. But you can still read it, nothing's stopping you!
7. The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June- This is a really good read. It's fast and April, May, and June's relationship is so adorable!
8. The Lying Game- This book just screams summer to me. It quick, fast paced, and has total girl-power. Kind-of-ish. But whenever I think of this, I think of a group of girls, and that makes me think of beaches. Don't judge me, I know I'm weird.
9. The Wednesday Wars- This is a middle-grade, so obviously it's easy to fly through. I think Holling is annoying at the beginning, but at the middle-end he's really sweet and everything in this book makes me want to skip around my house.
10- Lola and the Boy Next Door- I love this and Anna and the French Kiss, but this just seems a bit more Summer-y to me. It's really adorable and oooh, I love Cricket so, so, so much!
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Great list, I also love Hex Hall, The Lying Game and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Another person who loves Hex Hall! It's one of my favorite series.

      Delete
  2. I love your list! I never even thought about some of the fun books like The Selection and Hex Hall as beach reads, but you changed my mind! :D

    www.booknerdsjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hadn't thought of them as beach reads, either, until I had to come up with ten books to put on my list! Ha ha. :D

      Delete
  3. I still need to read Wednesday Wars. I loved Okay For Now! Hex Hall is an excellent beach read pick! Have you read My Life Next Door? I thought that was a fun, summery romance. Here are my picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-1uH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't read My Life Next Door yet, but I really need to! Everyone's been recommending it.

      Delete
  4. I have Lola and the Boy Next Door on my shelf. I need to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes you do! It is amazing! I personally like it a tad bit more than Anna and the French Kiss. But, I really love them both.

      Delete
  5. The Selection is one of my favorite books ever! I still haven't purchased a copy of The Elite though.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete