Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Beginnings/Endings Of Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is top ten beginnings/endings of books, and I'm going to be doing half and half.
 
Beginnings

1. The Archived by Victoria Schwab: "The Narrows remind me of August nights in the South." This sentence really makes me want to know what the Narrows is. Plus it's in bold lettering, so It made me want to know what it's about.

2. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green: "The morning after noted child prodigy Colin Singleton graduated from high school and got dumped for the nineteenth time by a girl named Katherine, he took a bath." Ha ha. This is hilarious.

3. The Maze Runner by James Dashner: "He began his new life standing up, surrounded by cold darkness and stale, dusty air." This line is really intriguing and made me want to read more.

4. Uglies by Scott Westerfield: "The early summer sky was the color of cat vomit." I haven't even read this book yet, but the first line is just brilliant.

5. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys: "They took my in my nightgown." Ahhh! This is such a powerful first line and it set up the rest of the story perfectly.

Endings

6. Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison: The ending was absolute perfection. It was adorable and I can't wait to continue the series.

7. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: .... *Awkward silence.* Well, obviously.

8. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This book left me in agony for weeks. So much so, they I'm only just picking up Scarlet now, to make my life complete again.

9. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I really enjoyed this book as a whole, but the ending was my absolute favorite part. It was so sad.

10. And last but not least, Burned by Ellen Hopkins. HKDJSHSKDFJH. If you've read this book, you have to feel me. WHAT THE HECK?!!?!? But it was so good. Just so good. Now excuse me while I melt in to a puddle of feels.

4 comments:

  1. I just finished Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging today and I couldn't agree more. I also agree with Catching Fire and your entire beginnings list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I can't wait to read On The Bright Side, but it doesn't come out until August 13th on my kindle. :( But yeah, those beginnings are epic.

      Delete
  2. The opening line of Cinder made my list too, and the line from Uglies definitely caught my attention! :D My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/07/29/lines/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Cinder so much! :) I can't wait to check yours out.

      Delete