Sunday, September 8, 2013

Graphic Novels and Manga!

Hey guys! So, I thought that I'd post something different today, because I don't really feel like writing a review today. I'll probably post on my youtube channel though, so I'll post that link when I do.
  Anyway, I've recently been reading quite a few Manga things and graphic novels, so I thought it would be cool to tell you guys what I think about them.
  I don't have the best experience with Mangas. The first one I read, I almost read backwards, but that was my fault. I feel like I have trouble connecting with characters in the mangas I have read, which have been: Bakuman 1 & 2 and Cirque Du Freak Vol. 1. I feel like the mangas are always too rushed and that the pictures don't always explain the story line. However, I am very excited to read Death Note and Sailor Moon, because those are a lot of people's favorite Mangas.
  I have read more Graphic Novels than Mangas, and I found out that I like those more. I like the graphics more in graphic novels, because they appeal to the eye more. I'm not an art expert, so I can't really explain all of the little different art techniques and such. The graphic novels I have read are: Page by Paige, American Born Chinese, and Smile. I really enjoyed Smile and Page by Paige, but I didn't like American Born Chinese that much. However, I did enjoy the art in all three.
  I am in no way an artistic expert, like I said before, so I can't really say the difference between graphic novels and mangas. I just seem to enjoy graphic novels a little bit more, based on what I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment